Articles on this Page
- 08/17/14--04:09: _Silent Sundays: God...
- 08/24/14--09:52: _Silent Sundays: The...
- 08/31/14--07:31: _Silent Sundays: The...
- 09/07/14--04:21: _Silent Sundays: 13 ...
- 09/08/14--05:00: _You’ve Already Boug...
- 09/14/14--04:20: _Silent Sundays: Gil...
- 09/21/14--04:39: _Silent Sundays: Hal...
- 09/28/14--01:55: _Silent Sundays: Dea...
- 10/05/14--04:17: _Silent Sundays: Whe...
- 10/12/14--07:45: _Silent Sundays: On ...
- 10/19/14--04:24: _Silent Sundays: St....
- 10/26/14--04:06: _Silent Sundays: The...
- 11/02/14--03:04: _Silent Sundays: In ...
- 11/09/14--04:43: _Silent Sundays: Wom...
- 11/16/14--10:47: _Silent Sundays: The...
- 11/23/14--04:02: _Silent Sundays: The...
- 11/30/14--03:38: _Silent Sundays: The...
- 12/07/14--13:56: _Silent Sundays: Ana...
- 12/14/14--13:45: _Silent Sundays: Sil...
- 12/21/14--05:15: _Silent Sundays: The...
- 08/17/14--04:09: Silent Sundays: Gods of Mars (1947)
- 08/24/14--09:52: Silent Sundays: The Body in the Library (1942)
- 08/31/14--07:31: Silent Sundays: The Wolf Man (1941)
- 09/07/14--04:21: Silent Sundays: 13 Decapitated Soldiers (1910)
- 09/14/14--04:20: Silent Sundays: Gillian Anderson (1997)
- 09/21/14--04:39: Silent Sundays: Halloween in Boston (2010)
- 09/28/14--01:55: Silent Sundays: Death, the Final Boundary of Things (1570)
- 10/05/14--04:17: Silent Sundays: When the Veil Gets Thinner (2013)
- 10/12/14--07:45: Silent Sundays: On the Bat’s Back I Do Fly (1918)
- 10/19/14--04:24: Silent Sundays: St. Nicholas Magazine, October 1934
- 10/26/14--04:06: Silent Sundays: The Book of Hallowe’en (1919)
- 11/02/14--03:04: Silent Sundays: In Voluptus Mors, Reimagined (2014)
- 11/09/14--04:43: Silent Sundays: Woman with Skull (1926)
- 11/16/14--10:47: Silent Sundays: The Walking Dead (1936)
- 11/23/14--04:02: Silent Sundays: The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam (1913)
- 11/30/14--03:38: Silent Sundays: The Grateful Dead (2009)
- 12/07/14--13:56: Silent Sundays: Anatomical Skeleton (1523)
- 12/14/14--13:45: Silent Sundays: Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)
- 12/21/14--05:15: Silent Sundays: The Last of the Spirits (1910)
1947 cover art by Manolo Prieto for Edgar Rice Burroughs’ The Gods of Mars, via SorcerersSkull Related Posts: - Silent Sundays: Dime Mystery Magazine (1943) - The Lips of a Strange Woman: The Pulp Art of Margaret Brundage - Silent Sundays: Mondo Beetlejuice (2013) -Filed under: Silent Sundays
evahalloween1947 cover art for Gods of Mars by Manolo Prieto.
Cover art by Rein van Looij for the Dutch edition of Agatha Christie’s 1942 The Body in the Library. Related Posts: - The Lips of a Strange Woman: The Pulp Art of Margaret Brundage - Silent Sundays: Fool Death, My Playmate (1922) - Silent Sundays: In Memory of the Late Mr. & Mrs. Comfort (1995)Filed under: Silent Sundays
evahalloweenThe Body in the Library by Agatha Christie. Cover Artist Rein van Looij
October 1941 trade advert for The Wolf Man in The Film Daily via Scott Marks Related Posts: - Silent Sundays: Two Thousand Maniacs (1964) - I Am the Death of the Moon: Werewolf Attack Makeup Tutorial - Silent Sundays: I Married a Witch (1942) Filed under: Silent Sundays
evahalloweenThe Wolf Man from Film Daily 10-12-41 via SD Reader
Thirteen decapitated soldiers, an early example of trick photography, photographer unknown, 1910 (via This is Colossal and The Metropolitan Museum of Art). Related Posts: - A Meme for Every Season: Horsemaning - Silent Sundays: Olga the Headless Lady (1930) - Silent Sundays: Haunted Air (1875–1955)Filed under: Silent Sundays
evahalloweenGroup of Thirteen Decapitated Soldiers, Unknown, 1910
In its first three years, FX’s American Horror Story has become something of a Halloween institution, beginning with the show’s cavalcade of elegantly disturbing promos and posters that turn late summer thoughts to all the delightfully dark things that October has in store. With the first official extended trailer released today, Season 4 of American Horror Story …
evahalloweenAHS Season 4 Freak Show
Gillian Anderson in a Creature from the Black Lagoon-inspired photoshoot by Mark Seliger for Rolling Stone magazine, February 1997. Related Posts: - Heidi Klum, Reigning Queen of Halloween - Thinking Costume: Jessica Rabbit, Original Ginger - Silent Sundays: Dime Mystery Magazine (1943)Filed under: Silent Sundays
evahalloweenGillian Anderson, Rolling Stone Magazine, Issue 754, February 1997
18th Century Triple Headstone in Granary Burying Ground, Boston. Photographed by Corey Ann Balazowich, October 31, 2010 (via Pumpkin Rot).Filed under: Silent Sundays
evahalloweenTriple Headstone in Granary Burying Ground, October 31, 2010 by Corey Balazowich
Mors Ultima Linea Rerum (Death, the Final Boundary of Things), Flemish print likely published by Philips Galle c. 1570 (via Wikipedia).Filed under: Silent Sundays
evahalloweenMors ultima linea rerum
When the Veil Gets Thinner, watercolour by Nataša Ilinčić, 2013.Filed under: Silent Sundays
evahalloweenWhen the veil gets thinner, watercolour by Nataša Ilinčić
The spirit Ariel in The Tempest, illustrated by Louis John Rhead for Tales from Shakespeare by Charles and Mary Lamb, 1918 (via Otherness). Filed under: Silent Sundays
evahalloweenLouis Rhead 1918 Tales from Shakespere by Charles and Mary Lamb
Cover art for October 1934 edition of St. Nicholas: Scribner’s Illustrated Magazine for Girls and Boys.Filed under: Silent Sundays
evahalloweenSt. Nicholas for Boys & Girls Magazine, October, 1934.
“No Hallowe’en Without a Jack-o’-Lantern,” from The Book of Hallowe’en by Ruth Edna Kelley, the first book-length history of the holiday,1919.Filed under: Silent Sundays
evahalloweenThe Book of Hallowe'en, 1919, 'No Hallowe'en without a Jack-o'-Lantern'
René Rodriguez’s Día de los Muertos-inspired reimagining of Salvador Dali and Phillipe Halsman’s In Voluptus Mors. Body paint by Cheryl Ann Lipstreu.Filed under: Silent Sundays
evahalloweenPhoto by René Rodriguez, body paint by Cheryl Ann Lipstreu
William Mortensen, Woman with Skull, circa 1926 (via Hyperallergic).Filed under: Silent Sundays
evahalloweenWilliam Mortensen, 'Woman with Skull' (ca. 1926) via Hyperallergic
Theatrical poster for the 1936 film The Walking Dead, starring Boris Karloff.Filed under: Silent Sundays
The Walking Dead starring Boris Karloff 1936evahalloweenThe Walking Dead starring Boris Karloff 1936
Illustration by Edmund J. Sullivan for Quatrain 48 of The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, First Version (as translated by Edward Fitzgerald), published 1913.Filed under: Silent Sundays
Edmund J. Sullivan illustration to the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, First Version (translated by Edward Fitzgerald) 1913evahalloweenEdmund J. Sullivan illustration to the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, First Version (translated by Edward Fitzgerald) 1913
The Grateful Dead, 2009, oil on canvas by Mark Bryan, inspired by Norman Rockwell’s 1942 painting Freedom from Want.Filed under: Silent Sundays
evahalloweenThe Grateful Dead by Mark Bryan via ArtofMarkBryan
1523 anatomical study by Jacopo Berengario da Carpi, with woodcuts by Ugo da Carpi, Courtesy of The National Library of Medicine.Filed under: Silent Sundays
evahalloweenJacopo Berengario da Carpi anatomy
Poster designed by Burt Kleeger for the controversial 1984 horror cult classic Silent Night, Deadly Night.Filed under: Holiday of Horrors 2014, Silent Sundays, TV & Film
evahalloween1984 horror cult classic Silent Night, Deadly Night, Burt Kleeger poster design
Harry Furniss, The Last of the Spirits, eighth and final illustration for the 1910 Charles Dickens Library Edition of A Christmas Carol. Filed under: Holiday of Horrors 2014, Silent Sundays
evahalloweenThe Last of the Spirits by Harry Furniss for a Christmas Carol 1910